Saturday 23 June 2012

My next American Adventure

I recently booked the Cross Country BLT (SNB) with Trek America. This starts in NYC and ends in LA (but also operates in reverse), with 3 weeks travelling across the USA via the Southern States. I'm taking a month off work and I might head to Boston first for a couple of days, as I've not made it there yet. The route of the trek is shown below (image courtesy of Trek America):

I've already travelled to quite a few places on this itinerary but I'm really excited to go back to those places and I've always wanted to travel coast to coast - this way I get to do it without worrying about how I'm getting from one place to the next and having already travelled with Trek America a few times, I know it's going to be so much fun! :-)

Included highlights

Some of the planned activities include:

# Evening illumination tour of Washington DC monuments
# Awesome scenic walks and hikes
# Tour of the Vegas Strip
# Sightseeing in Nashville, Memphis, Austin and San Diego
# National Parks and Monuments, including Carlsbad Caverns, Monument Valley and the good ole Grand Canyon!

Optional activities

I've already done a few of the optional activities listed on this itinerary on previous trips to the States, but there are some new experiences, including a trip to Graceland - who doesn't want to go visit the King's place?! I'm not a massive Elvis fan but there's no denying he was an absolute legend!



To read more about the Cross Country BLT (SNB) tour, visit Trek's website

No comments:

Post a Comment